Seriously, it’s time to give up plastic water bottles…
Not to toot my own horn…BUT I have been really good about reducing my plastic waste consumption. Alex and I replaced all our plastic water bottles with glass, are in the process of replacing our plastic tupperware and Ziploc bags (Have you seen these Stasher bags?)…and yes, we are those people that ask for paper, not plastic, at the grocery store.
But a few months ago I realized that when it came to traveling, we slacked a bit on the whole no-plastic-water-bottles mission. Okay, more like we slacked A LOT. We drink water like it’s our job, so you can imagine the number of water bottles we go through on trips. Bottles, on bottles, on bottles. Not only was the number of water bottles daunting, but the amount we were spending on cases of water per trip was ridiculous. We knew there had to be a better way…
And after a little Insta research, I found our answer: the GoPure Pod.
Many of the Instagram bloggers I follow listed this little guy as a “must-have travel item”…and for good reason. It’s small, portable AND cheap! But more importantly, this water purifier removes 99% of Lead and Arsenic and 97% of Chlorine and Fluoride through its PuriBloc technology.
Time to do a little learnin’! Here’s how this stuff works:
- The GoPure Pod contains special porous ceramic made from food-grade minerals that absorbs the impurities in the water that give it a stale taste or stinky smell.
- At the same time, the pod sends out these little trace minerals on a mission to replenish the water with the body-loving minerals that are normally stripped away during the treatment process. It also helps balance the water’s pH to a healthy alkaline level. Now that’s one hard working little pod!
Need a visual? Watch this!
Product: GoPure Pod
trans-1, 2-Dichloroethene 92.40%
Arsenic (+3) 99.31%
Arsenic (+5) 99.31%
Price: $24.95 (use the code FREESHIP for 20% off your order!)
Time Used: 2 months
Perks: Made from Natural Materials | Lasts up to 6 Months | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
As GoPure says, “Drop in. Drink up.” Literally! There’s no easier way to explain how to use this product.
So far, I’ve brought the GoPure Pod with me on my recent trips to Chicago and Alabama. And I have to say, I think it worked great! I put the pod in my glass water bottle and filled it up wherever I could…airport water fountains, fast food beverage stations and hotel sinks to name a few. The water taste wasn’t perfect every time. It really depended on the quality of the water wherever we were. But for the most part, the water was perfectly drinkable! And I liked that I didn’t have to worry about whether it was totally clean or not because I knew the pod would take care of removing any chemicals and weird odors. Seriously, for $25, this thing is a water-lover’s dream!
They even have a special GoPure Pet pod for pet mommas (like Sam!) who want to purify their fur-babies water and water bowls! Yes, they come up with all sorts of shenanigans these days. But why not give your pets nice, clean water to enjoy?! (P.S. Sam has the secret to clean, healthy dog food, too!)
My Aha! Moment went a little like this…
- We no longer have to worry about finding the nearest Walgreens or 7-Eleven to buy case after case of water. YAY!
- Wait, we also don’t have to lug around these damn cases of water back to our hotel. YAYAY!
- Not to mention, no more wasted plastic. GO TEAM!
- And WAY more options for clean water, anywhere we go.
- Ok, this one’s a winner!
The GoPure Pod definitely holds a permanent place in my carryon. And for that, I give it the official CO Stamp of Approval!
And don’t forget to use the code FREESHIP for 20% off your order!